<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 02, 2006

In the paper again... 

The Newman Center asked me to write an article in their series of meditations on the Sunday readings, and my lot fell upon yesterday, Sunday October 1st. I kept wanting to address the whole "He who is not against me is for me" issue, arguing against syncretism or a "false irenicism," but I didn't think I had enough space to argue why the face value of these readings isn't an excuse for a "right" to ordination.

Instead, just before the paper's deadline I was struck by the basic fact that Eldad and Medad, despite not coming to their ordination ceremony, nevertheless did not lose their vocation. For one who has gone through plenty of discernment angst, that was enough inspiration to write this reflection.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?